The departments academic programme/curriculum has been carefully revised to ensure that it is realistic, practical, result oriented and in concert with the benchmark/minimum standards as prescribed by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and their contents have been carefully chosen with the view of ensuring that students benefit maximally from the courses but in terms of what is normally covered during lectures and what is actually learned.
- Analytically sound and able to reason logically
- Self-confident, highly motivated, articulate, result oriented and creativity driven.
- Have a wide, current and ordered knowledge in the general area of mathematics and are at the cutting edge of developments in the area.
- Sufficiently equipped with necessary knowledge and skills required to enable them go into productive employment.
- Are ready to excel in any are of endeavour subsequently